OUR YOUTH PROGRAMS & SERVICES
LAPD Devonshire PALS
LAPD Devonshire PALS provides free enrichment activities Monday through Thursday from the hours of 1pm – 6pm for youth ages 7-17.
On Fridays we open our doors to our mentoring program that is geared to our teens giving them opportunities specifically designed to build life skills, job training, and forum to discuss life and social justice issues.
Under the direct mentorship and supervision of LAPD officers and center staff, we fulfill our mission to help young community members develop strong character that leads to building great relationships with law enforcement, community members, business partners, and society at large.
We Offer The Following Programs:
- Arts Education Program: Arts and Crafts, Fine Arts Class, Animation, Folklorico Dance, Guitar Lessons, Culinary Arts, Movie Making and Multi Discipline Dance.
- Academic Program: Homework Help, Tutoring, Reading Club, Computer Skills, Science Class, Funology Math, Legos, Engineering, Chess Club and College Preparation.
- Athletic Program: Soccer, Basketball, Fitness, Volleyball, Recreational Skills, Horseback Riding and Boxing Workout.
- Tae Kwon Do Program: Taught at 3 separate level classes, including Black Belt Training.
- Activities Program: PALS Counselors in Training, Live B.L.U.E. Mentoring, Leadership Conferences, LAPD Jr. Cadets, LAPD Police Cadets, Field Trips, Summer Camp, Community Service Projects, Teen Style Fridays.
Along with the daily activities described, PALS offers crime prevention education, field trips, leadership training, camping excursions, and career and college planning assistance. Devonshire PALS also sponsors projects involving children and families that develop community pride and participation in the improvement and beautification of their neighborhoods.
For information about LAPD Devonshire PALS contact:
(818) 885-6433 or firstname.lastname@example.org